Jenna Thomas is an amazing human being whom you cannot even begin to talk about in past tense! We are a group of siblings, parents, friends, activists, and advocates whose lives are better because we know Jenna Thomas. Jenna is a relentless activist and advocate and has significantly contributed to making the world a better place by leading workshops and seminars to educate others and personally mentoring friends and family. She is down to earth, has a very unique sense of humor and loads and loads of kindness for those different and similar to her. If you ever met Jenna, your life was transformed – even in a small amount of time. Jenna helps us believe in the power of love, connection, and community! Oh, and by the way, Jenna was a fierce young transgender woman who liberated herself and others along her journey. Hey Miss Jenna – We love you!
This scholarship will be awarded to a very special youth who:
· Believes in the power of love, friendship and leadership to transform the world into a better place
· Has an excellent sense of humor!
· Demonstrates kindness and compassion to others in meaningful ways
· Has a strong commitment to activism and social justice
· Is currently enrolled in a degree program at a post-secondary educational institution
This scholarship will be presented at the Georgia Safe Schools Coalition’s Annual GSA Youth Summit at Agnes Scott College.
Scholarship Application Materials:
· 1 personal essay (1 page) describing how the applicant meets the above criteria
· 2 letters from a teacher, mentor, or fellow activist describing personal qualities of love, compassion, humor, and commitment to education, activism and social justice
Scholarship Application Deadline:
January 11 each year.
Email application materials to: Kristen Badger (firstname.lastname@example.org), Anneliese Singh (email@example.com), and Sir Jesse McNulty (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please direct any questions about the application process to Anneliese Singh at 404.849.8186.