The Georgia Safe Schools Coalition is a group of teachers, parents, students and community organizers and one important service we offer is Safe Zone training for Georgia schools. We need more volunteers to become GSSC Safe Zone trainers in order to meet the huge need out there!
At this training you will learn how to be a speaker at LGBTQQIA Safe Zone trainings. It is a “Train the Trainer” opportunity – free of charge! Come to this training and see if being a GSSC Trainer is something you would like to do.
Topics will include:
- GSSC history and mission
- Georgia statistics
- LGBTQQIA Language 101
- Transgender, Gender-Variant, and Gender Non-Conforming
- Commonalities among students
- Georgia School Policies
- Advocating for LGBTQQIA students
- Activities for reaching people
- Practical Steps for presenting
- Risk-taking and Self-Care for advocates